23 November 2009

Favorite Things - November 22

I don't think I have ever been shy in proclaiming my love for both fine red wine and very good dark chocolate. But I did I ever mention that the two together are my hands-down favorite food pairing? Its true: a good wine and a great chocolate when consumed together provide a truly transcendental experience. Imagine my delight then, when I discovered today's favorite thing.

Brix. A dark chocolate (60% OR 70%) that has been crafted for the sole purpose of being paired with red wine. The 60% chocolate is meant to pair with Zinfandel, Syrah, Rhone, Merlot and Shiraz. The 70% meanwhile is meant to pair with Cabernet-Sauvignon, Bordeaux or Barolo. I'm a 70%-Bordeaux sorta girl. Hm-mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now, looking at their website I have discovered that there is a milk chocolate too. I'm not a great lover of milk chocolate but if it were paired with their suggestions of Port, Ice Wine, Rosé, Pinot Noir, or Burgundy, maybe I could be swayed to give it a sample.

From their website:
At (the) root is single origin Ghanaian chocolate, known for its red fruit tones, mixed with the highest quality confectionary chocolate. The result is a blend so pure in flavor that it actually enhances those nuances found in great wines, without confusing the palate.

And remember, both dark chocolate and red wine are good for the heart. I truly believe they are also good for the soul.

1 comment:

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Oooh Oooh! Me too! I'm in a bit of a Pinot Noir stage now (mmmmm!), with Zinfandel as a good 2nd choice. Have been a fan of dark choc. w/ wine for years... people sometimes look at me like I'm crazy when I suggest it (kinda like I did when I first heard it). :) Wonder if we get this kind of choc down here? :)