26 April 2010

Favorite Things - April 26

Curse you, I love you!!!

You know that love-hate relationship that we can develop with things. Well, that's how it goes with today's favorite thing. Its Facebook Family Feud. I love the adrenalin rush that comes from trying to guess the correct answer to the survey questions in the allotted amount of time. The glorious ding, as the correctly answered tab rolls over. The heartbreaking buzz of defeat. The pulse-rushing 50 seconds of fast money. The excitement is sometimes too much.

If I see someone begging for help to win more fast money, I click furiously to come to their aid. I need that quick rush of excitement, and that gloating feeling of achievement in helping one of my friends win more (virtual) money. I'm a damn good friend in this respect.

On the other hand, Facebook Family Feud eats up way too much of my time. I will troll the updates looking for someone else's game that I can complete. This sometimes holds my addiction at bay until my next two episodes come available. Sometimes I deny myself the pleasure of playing so that rather than having only two daily episodes, I will have four or six waiting in my bank. And then, there's an hour gone that I will never get back.

Damn you Facebook Family Feud. I love you and curse you.

No comments: